WHO YOU ARE
You’ve had a lot of of different jobs. You’re part comedian, part emcee, and part promoter, but most importantly, the mic belongs in your hand and people listen to you. You’re getting everyone to participate and you’re at your best when you're getting hundreds of people into a frenzy over a contest, and hyping up the scene at an event when you get on the mic. You live for this.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF POSITION
You will be contracted by Go to Dominican for our Client, Breakaway Beach, on destination.
You’re going to be beach-side or pool-side during the day at a resort making Grad Trip the place to be. Working hand in hand with the entertainment team, you’re getting the crowd chanting for more as you run pool games and contests. Come night time, you kick up the energy at night events, hyping the crowd, launching the countdowns and being the life of the party on stage. Behind the scenes, you will work with the Entertainment Team to execute a flawless show. You are key to making sure Breakaway Tours delivers the best trip for their high-school travelers.
It’s a contract gig. That means you'll be sent away to the Dominican Republic, Cuba, or another Caribbean Island for a couple weeks in March and June-July each year. All travel, food, and accommodations are taken care of while you're away and provide payment for your services.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Hosting a ton of unbelievable activities, competitions and events for a diverse group of travelers.
- Keeping safety top of mind at all times.
- Always bringing the fun, enthusiasm and sharing good vibes.
- Hyping activities to ensure high levels of participation.
- Creating scripts and timelines for every activity and event.
- Set up and tear down of Grad Trip Central.
- Interacting with hotel animation and audio visual staff on a daily basis.
- Supporting the coordinating team and contributing to the overall success of the program.
- Minimum 1 year emcee/activity host experience
- Confident on the mic
- Must be able to learn and execute several activities/games/events to large and small crowds
- Must be able to vocally HYPE the crowd while maintaining brand standards
- Experience with improvisation (the show MUST ALWAYS go on!)
We run trips from January through to July, and are looking for staff who are going to be able to commit to the majority of our trips all year. Each trip is between 3-10 days in length.
February 13th - February 19th
March 5th - March 19th (multiple trips of different lengths within these dates)
LANDING THE JOB
- Apply online here!
- Phone Interview
- Group Interview with special EMCEE audition challenge
- EMCEE training! We'll make sure you know how to run all of the activities in our Destination Playbook, how to work the mic and hype our Clients' brand.
Deadline to apply: February 1st, 2020